Ask These Questions to Choose the Best Summer Camp for Your Little Athlete
April 27, 2017
It’s hard to believe, but summer vacation will be here before we know it. Keep your child happy, healthy and active and sign them up for a summer camp. Craig Woodcock, Director of Summer Sports Camps at Chelsea Piers, recommends you ask these important questions to guarantee a safe, fun and hassle-free experience for you and your family. Remember – it’s your summer, too!
- Who runs the camp? Give the camp a call and speak to the people running the programs. Not only will this give you a better idea of how the camp is run, but direct communication is the best way to have your questions answered.
- Statistics? Is the camp accredited? How long has the Camp Director been in charge? What’s the instructor to camper ratio? Programs that have this information available are more professional and reliable.
- Are transportation and after-care provided? These programs are convenient and can take a lot of stress off of busy, working parents.
- Are meals offered? If so, find out what the meal options are and how the campers are served. Packing a lunch will be one less thing for you to worry about in the morning.
- Who are the counselors? Professionalism is a must. Make sure your children are receiving excellent instruction and attention from passionate experts.
- Can all of my children go to this camp? Choosing a camp for a wide variety of ages streamlines the process and simplifies your summer.
- Does the camp offer flexible schedules? Find out if you can sign up for the entire summer or only a week at a time depending on your family’s needs and commitments.