If the Shoe Fits – New Partner at CPF
December 6, 2018
Introducing our new Shoe Partner! Specialized Indoor Cycling Shoes will soon be available for use at all Breakaway Indoor Cycling classes in both the Chelsea and Brooklyn clubs.
In the New Year, Torch 1.0 Shoes will be available for use at all Breakaway Indoor Cycling classes at Chelsea Piers Fitness. We are so happy to be able to complete the cycling experience for our members with this complimentary addition to our program. In the next few weeks you’ll notice an intentional roll-out of the shoe program at both clubs, class-by-class, which will culminate in January with cycling shoes available at every single ride.
Please save the date for events on January 9 in Chelsea and January 10 in Brooklyn to learn more about our proprietary Breakaway Indoor Cycling Coach By Color system, we’ll help you find your best fit for shoes, class type and instructors, and we’ll celebrate the growth of our Breakaway program.
About the Shoes
The Torch cycling shoe has Velcro® closures for a customizable, adjustable fit, a comfortable design, and a composite outsole that provides just the right level of rigidity.
- Body Geometry sole construction and footbeds are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- With a 6.0 Stiffness index, the injection-molded nylon composite sole is engineered to be moderately stiff and plenty light.
- Three-strap offset Velcro® closure for a superior fit.
- Synthetic upper with mesh venting for supple feel over the foot.
- Three-bolt cleat pattern to seamlessly clip in to our bikes.
Founded by riders in 1974, Specialized bases every business decision on what is needed in the industry at any given time. When quality tires weren't around, they strove to make the best. When people wanted to ride cruisers in the dirt, they made the first production mountain bike. When roadies wanted to go faster, they doubled-down on carbon and built their own wind tunnel. Now they produce some of the highest-quality cycling products around.
Want some for yourself? See deals from Specialized retail partners below.
- Bicycle Habitat in Brooklyn is giving members 15% off on Specialized brand shoes, cleats, bike shorts and tights. Please use code SPECIALIZED45.
- Sid’s Bikes NYC in Manhattan is giving members 15% off their entire purchase. Simply present your membership card or app at point of purchase. Terms and conditions apply.