Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
December 1, 2022
Nothing complements the holiday season more than pumpkin. These Pumpkin Mousse Cups have a decadent texture, delightful crunch, and taste like curling up next to a warm fireplace feels. Enjoy this holiday recipe from the kitchen at Canteen, our new in-club café!
Pumpkin Mousse Cup - Serves 6
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup ginger snap cookie crumbs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Using a kitchen mixer with the paddle attachment, whip together cream cheese, brown sugar and pumpkin spice until light and fluffy (around 5 minutes on medium speed).
- Add the pumpkin purée and continue mixing on low until it is well incorporated. Turn off mixer and transfer this mix to a large mixing bowl using a rubber spatula.
- In a clean kitchen mixer bowl with the whisk attachment, on medium speed setting, whip together heavy cream, confectioners sugar and vanilla until it is airated, firm, and stiff peaks form (around 5 minutes).
- Slowly, in batches, fold the cream mix into the pumpkin mix with a rubber spatula, folding carefully to not lose air bubbles in the mix. Transfer mix into piping bag.
- Pulse the cookies in a food processor with salt until broken into small and even pieces. Slowly add the melted butter and pulse until mixed well.
- Spread half of the mix evenly between 6 small glasses (roughly 1⁄2 inch thick layer) using a spoon.
- Pipe a roughly 1 inch thick layer of pumpkin mousse mix in each glass on top of the crumble.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to use the last of your mix and crumbs.
- Top with toasted pumpkin seeds and pecan pieces.