Skincare DIY: Super Moisturizing Mask
March 24, 2020
Many consider avocados to be the perfect food. One of our staff's favorite superfoods, avocados have multiple benefits for the body, including being rich in essential fatty acids and an all-natural source of free radical damage fighting vitamin A, E, and vitamin C. Adding avocados to your diet will help improve skin health.
Avocadoes can also benefit your skin from the outside. Many all-natural skin care lines use avocado oil because of its moisturizing properties. It has also been found that applying avocado oil to skin can stimulate collagen and elastin production.
So, if you have an avocado on the verge of being overripe, don't despair! Take ½ of one ripe avocado to create this super moisturizing mask.
- ½ soft avocado
- 2 tbs. hot water
- 1 ts. honey
Preparation and Usage
- Mash the avocado with a fork.
- Dissolve the honey into the water and add it to the fruit. Blend well.
- Apply mask to your face, using your fingers or a special brush avoiding the area around your eyes and mouth.
- Put your feet up and rest for 10 minutes.Use the time for quiet meditation.
- Wash mask from face with warm water.
- Follow up with your favorite moisturizer.