Eat Your Heart Out
February 1, 2019
Satisfy your sweet tooth and your heart this Valentine’s Day with this healthy chocolate pudding recipe by Celebrity Chef, Erica Wides.
Deeply Dark Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding
- ¾ cup organic sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 4 cups (1 quart) coconut milk beverage (not canned coconut milk) or almond milk
- 5 ounces very good quality 70% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Sliced almonds for garnish (optional)
- Fill a large bowl halfway with ice and water. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk in half of the coconut milk to create a smooth paste. Add the remaining coconut milk and whisk to combine. Place over medium-high heat. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil to activate cornstarch, the mixture will thicken and bubble vigorously
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the chocolate, vanilla extract, salt and optional cinnamon.
- Transfer the pudding mixture into a large metal bowl. Immediately set the bowl in the ice bath and stir to cool down the pudding. Portion into 4 ounce cups and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
Garnish with almonds if desired.