ATHLETIC BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR KIDS AT CHELSEA PIERS
July 25, 2018
Since last summer, my son has been asking for his next birthday party.
At the ripe age of 4, he already knows the best places in town (this is where I roll my eyes).
And this year, his birthday venue of choice award goes to the Field House at Chelsea Piers!
Having been to a couple of parties there I have to agree: it is a great place to have your birthday celebration.
Reasons I like it:
1. The venue is big and spacious. The parties we went to were held at the toddler gym and the basketball court, and kids had a lot of room to run around.
2. Great for kids of ALL ages. Parties are suitable for kids starting at age 1 and up!
3. Variety of party themes and activities. Sooo many sports activities to choose from – soccer, ice skating, gym… you name it – they will likely have it!
4. Location. For us living in Chelsea/NoMad/Flatiron, it’s pretty easy to get to Chelsea Piers. It’s also located by the water, and young kids like watching the boats and the river. There’s also a playground and a carousel nearby for after-party fun!
Why Chelsea Piers is one of NYC’s most popular destinations for sports-themed birthday parties?
- The staff are largely full-time coaches and counselors who have devoted their careers to working with children
- Experienced party coordinators and parents are treated to a fun-filled and hassle-free event
- Activities range from traditional sports like ice skating, ice hockey, soccer, flag football, basketball, rock climbing and gymnastics to a Toddler Gym for your little athletes, Dodgeball party or an old school party themed Ultimate Birthday with potato sack races, tug of war, scooter races, and kick ball.
- Chelsea Piers is also a great spot as kids grow up for Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and Sweet 16’s!