Go Green With Us
March 31, 2023
This Earth Month, we’re excited to announce our Green Initiatives we’ve pledged to, along with a few ways our members can help go green with us! Keep reading to learn about our four key pledges to go green, plus a few ways to do your part on your next visit to the club.
Reduce Water + Electricity Usage
- More Efficient Washer and Dryer Systems – complete
- Install Automatic Faucets + Low Flow Toilets – complete
- Install Energy Efficient LED Lighting – complete
- Install Solar Panels in Chelsea – in progress
Eliminate Single Use Plastic
- Canteen Beverage Offerings in All Sustainable Packaging – complete
- To-Go Food Packed in Compostable Plant-Based Plastic – complete
- Replace Locker Room Products with Eco-Friendly Options – in progress
Recycle With Care
- Send Staff to Visit Local Recycling Facility – complete
- Adapt Current Recycling Program to Ensure Best Practice – in progress
- April Member Events Centered Around Earth Day – scheduled (check out the calendar here!)
- Eco-Friendly Partnerships with Local and Big Brands – on-going
- More Eco-Friendly Transportation Options – in progress
“How Can I Help?”
Wondering how you can help make an impact on our environment at the club? Here are just a few ways to get started.
Bring a Reusable Water Bottle
Rather than using the paper cups available at water stations or purchasing water from Canteen, remember to bring your water bottle on your next trip to the club! Tip: try placing your water bottle near your front door so you don’t forget to grab it on your way out the door.
Bring a Reusable Cup to Canteen
Starting April 1, members will receive 10% off all beverages on tap (including cold brew, iced tea, dragonfruit lemonade, and more), plus hot coffee and tea, when you bring a reusable cup. Don’t have one to bring in? We have one available for purchase from Stojo, which collapses into a leak-proof disk when empty.
Bring Your Own Toiletries
While it’s great to use the disposable toiletries provided in the locker room in a pinch, (and now we’re proud to offer more eco-friendly options!) bringing your own is a great way to cut down on single use products.
Reduce Towel Use in the Locker Rooms
Next time you reach for another towel at the club, ask yourself… “is this worth another gallon of water to wash in the laundry?” It is our pleasure to provide clean towels for your convenience and comfort – we just ask that you take only what you need.
Take Public Transportation or Bike to the Club
When planning your next visit to the club, try evaluating your route. Is there a more eco-friendly way you could get there?